Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Gay for a day

[Post originally created April 12, 2006]

Tomorrow Pam goes back to work after her 1 month maternity leave. Why just one month? Well, it is supposed to be 3, but she just had 3 months off last year (with Julia) and she's a bit guilty that she's taking long a leave again.

For all those not in the loop, a little over a year after Julia was born last March, we had our second AND a third daughters. That means three kids in two years(syet, world record?!?)-- I know, someone should cut off my testacles, but what can I do (kalabit kasi ng kalabit eh, buwahahahahaha!).

Anyway, before she goes back to work, she said she had to be "beautiful" and needed her hair relaxed and feet pedicured ("baka sabihin nila na-losyang na ako!").

"Do you want your feet done as well?- Pam

Hmmm.. interesting. I've never had a pedicure before. Despite being an avid runner and a mountaineer, I've always had nice feet although they do sometimes smell(yummy) and my big toes are bigger than normal(They have excess thick skin on the insides-- a mutant adaptation after years of climbing). The other defect is the right pinky, where the cuticle has almost grown over the actual nail (enjoying your dinner so far? Hehehe).

"Won't I look gay or DOM?" I suddenly see images of me with manicured nails and matching gold rings and necklaces.

"Has that been a problem? Just don't have them put acetone."- Pam

Good point. Below are pictures of my first ever pedicure.



Honestly it's scary with all that tinkering with the small knives. Fortunately Edel my pedicurist(who looked like Sexbomb dancer Rachel Panganiban), is very good. It felt pleasureable, just like having your feet scratched or your pimples popped.

Tadaa.



Don't they look great with my Haviologs?

No comments: