Saturday, March 18, 2006

Horror Story: The Presence

I swear this is a true story.

***
Alas-tres ng umaga, bilog ang buwan. In my bedroom.

Supposedly "alone".

I couldn't remember exactly what it was, but I was in deep slumber, tired from the previous week's events, which at that time was a blur to me.

Suddenly.

I was awakened from my deep sleep. It was as if something had just moved across the other side of my bed. I opened my eyes, but did not look.

I remember almost a year ago having a similar experience. I felt something, or someone heavy, sat beside me on my bed while I was sleeping(or in my sleep?), almost causing me to fall on to the floor. I looked, but nobody was there.

I've heard ghost stories like this from my friends, of long gone friends and family visiting them in their sleep. Sometimes even physically interacting with them.

I quickly thought "Dinadalaw kaya ako ng Tatay(+) ko? Or my Aunty(+) whom I've dreamed of once, wanting to pick me up?"

And on that most recent event, was it happening again? Was it... or were they back (ngiiiiiii!!!)

Minutes passed, and then there was nothing. Somehow I felt that, like before, whatever it was, "the presence", was gone.... or so I thought.

I closed my eyes again and tried to drift myself back to sleep. And as I was about to loose consciousness, another movement rocked me back to my senses, but this time it was as if someone had jumped on my bed (Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!).

Startled, I immediately turned my head. And what I saw was something.. no someone... that I would never ever forget till the day I die.

It was a slender pale figure laying beside me in fetal position, back facing me. I could tell it was a woman from the shape of her long white legs and shoulders, barely covered by a white night gown.

A mixture of shock and raw fear caused me to jerk back to my side of bed. I felt my hair stand, my spine tingle, my eyes pop, and my head explode.

Sino siya? Or more importantly, ano sya??

With my head still spinning from the sudden gush of adrenalin, I gathered myself and whispered to "the presence":

Tuny: "Sino ka?"

[She did not move]

Tuny: "Anong ginagawa mo sa kama ko?

[She, must have noticed that I was now fully conscious of her. It shivered, and slightly lifted her head. And in the most eeary way, she slowly, slowly looked at me from the sides of her right eye and said.]



Presence: "T_n-t_n. Get used to it, pwede ba matulog ka na?"








Did I ever mention in this blog that I'm married? ;)


###

Actual events happened (though less exaggerated, haha) a week after I was wed to P_m, now my beautiful wife. We had our wedding on a chapel on top of a hill in Batangas.

No comments: